Do you know Curtis Baum? Come inside for an introduction.
Today we take a look at Curtis Baum. He is easily the most prolific writer among the D3 Adventurers and it has earned him the title of Senior Line Developer. He has the helm on four product lines (Adventure!, Extras!, Romp!, and Tangent!) with a fifth (Rcane’s Guides that are Pathfinder compatible and 5th Edition) on the way.
Curtis has been playing various role-playing games since he was a child. Initially starting with Dungeons and Dragons (boxed set), he quickly diversified to several different game systems.
His first published work was an internet fan collection which dated back to at least 1996, The Gallery of Magical Blades, where he contributed a holy sword. Since then, he has been a contributing author, author, and editor on over a dozen projects, most within the last 5 years. His list of credits is rather extensive, even before he started with D3 Adventures.
Today, he works from home and teaches his two daughters the fine art of gaming. He games an average of twice per week, including online. He currently plays Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition. He organizes table-top gaming at Salt Lake Gaming Con, Salt Lake Fan X, and Salt Lake Comic Con in Utah, and attends several others. He is always looking for a good game. His older daughter (Jean, and our next featured D3 Adventurer) is learning to drive, and going to community college full time. She is a GM in Pathfinder Society. His younger daughter just started learning to code HTML and CSS as a summer project. But she is really a ranger at heart with a great love for rabbits and cats.
Be sure to join us next Monday when we learn more about fledgling author; Jean Baum.
Exclusively from Drive Thru RPG, Romp! Adventure tiles are now available as a physical product! The tiles are the same design as currently available in PDF and PNG formats, but printed on a thick 6″ x 6″ card.
Our first product is Romp! Infested Sewers. Beneath most cities are sewers crawling with disgusting creatures and evil humanoids. Romp! Infested Sewers brings these threats to life like never before. This package contains random encounter tables for both Pathfinder and 5th Edition. It also has 18, 6″ x 6″ maps, all 3D rendered and interchangeable, and complete room descriptions. These are included with printed 1″ lines for use on your gaming table and without lines as separate PNG files for use on virtual table top (VTT) gaming.
Here are some helpful tips for your printed map boards.
1. Dry erase markers work incredibly well on the coated boards. I write on mine regularly with a light color to stand out against the background. I intentionally left some writing overnight and it easily erased. I would test your markers on the included encounter tables first, but dry erase markers came off easily for me.
2. Clear tape can be used to hold your maps in place. In our experiments, we used the cheapest tape possible. It worked very well, but it left some residue on the map boards. It was not damaging, but it was visible if you looked very closely. Be careful, but it is a great option to avoid maps shuffling during play.
3. Use a lightly damp paper towel or washcloth to wipe up spills. I dropped some soy sauce on one of my boards and left it alone for about 20 minutes. A damp paper towel cleaned it up without a problem.
1. Wet erase markers do not work well on these boards. They appear to leave a stain in the coating. I was unable to completely erase a wet marker after only a few minutes of it drying on the board.
2. Folding the boards will bend them permanently. They are fairly light weight, but also thick enough to be effective. However, bending them significantly caused one of my boards to warp.
3. Although the boards are water resistant, I would refrain from bathing them. I have not tested this, but I am pretty sure they are also not dishwasher safe.
Due to the physical nature of the printed Romp! Adventure Tiles, these are available exclusively from Drive Thru RPG.
Beneath most cities are sewers crawling with disgusting creatures and evil humanoids. Romp! Infested Sewers brings these threats to life like never before. This package contains random encounter tables for both Pathfinder and 5th Edition. It also has 18 6″ x 6″ maps, all 3D rendered and interchangeable, and complete room descriptions. These are included with printed 1″ lines for use on your gaming table and without lines as separate PNG files for use on virtual table top (VTT) gaming.